Latex is a natural material that is like a fluid or sap. It is extracted from the rubber trees by following a sustainable process. By mixing it with other natural products, it is turned to manufacture natural bed mattresses. These durable mattresses offer a variety of benefits to the sleepers. Let us share the top 10 advantages of choosing such a mattress for homes.
- High comfort levels: In comparison to traditional mattresses that are either too hard or too soft to sleep on, a natural latex mattress is just perfect for relaxation after a tiring day. This type of mattress remains firm when it receives the weight of the sleeper. From supporting the hips and shoulders to aligning the spine, this mattress comforts one’s entire body. This helps the sleeper wake up refreshed and rejuvenated after a good night’s sleep.
- Healing ability: As this natural mattress cradles the pressure points in one’s body, it even helps those who need physical healing from body pains. Although it is no cure for a bruised or ailing body, sleeping on such a mattress relieves one from discomfort and stress.
- Durability: A latex mattress made of natural rubber sap becomes solid and strong on coagulation. It is surely a choice for people looking for the most durable sleeping products. These mattresses can be used for years without compromising on their form and sleep comfort level. Using the toppers made of natural latex can prolong the life of the mattress.
- Odourless: People who are allergic to chemicals and odours can find relief with the use of mattresses made of natural latex. These do not require off-gassing. When the packaging is opened, there may be a slight odour but it may not last long. Within two to three days, any smell will evaporate. As these are deeply washed many a time before delivering to the customers, one may find them completely odourless.
- Dust mite resistant: It is a common problem with people to be allergic to dust mite, mould, and mildew. However, with the best natural latex mattress in India, they can relieve such allergies. These mattresses are resistant to bacteria and dust mite, which further helps the sleeper to not feel congestion and get a sound sleep.
- Chemical-free: This type of natural mattress is completely free of harmful chemicals and products making use of chemicals. During the production process, there is no use of VOCs and glues. Therefore, these are safe for the health of the sleeper, even those who are allergic to chemicals and chemical odours. The sleep environment remains free of chemicals, thus helping to avoid any danger to people in a room.
- Fire resistance: While regular mattresses are made fire-resistant by treating them with PBDEs, the organic or natural latex bed mattresses are treated with natural fire retardants. This makes these mattresses resistant to fire, without the use of such compounds. Thus, they are fully safe for use in homes and other sleeping spaces. The manufacturers usually follow strict flame retardant guidelines but customers should always check for the authenticity of mattresses being made fire-resistant naturally.
- Body temperature regulation: While mattresses made of natural latex are health-friendly, they also help in regulating the sleeper’s body temperature. Traditional memory foam mattresses may overheat the sleeper’s body, causing it to sweat. However, a latex mattress supports restful sleep, as it keeps the body cool when it feels hot and keeps the body warm when it feels cold.
- Customisable product: It is a great benefit of such natural mattresses that these can be customised to one’s needs. For instance, their layers can be altered for the required comfort level and firmness. Similarly, the firmness levels on each side of the mattress can also be changed to accommodate the needs of sleeping partners.
- Environment friendly: A natural latex mattress is not only healthy for people but also for the environment. Their manufacturing process and components are sustainable. There is no deforestation and harm to the rubber trees, as they can be tapped for a very long time of about 30-40 years. However, before a buy, customers must ensure to check certifications for these mattresses to be completely natural.
Before choosing between a traditional mattress and the best natural latex mattress in India, every buyer needs to understand that naturally made mattresses are health-friendly and healers to their bodies while being long-lasting, bacteria and chemical-free and safe for them and their environment.