Foam and latex are the two most common types of materials used for making mattresses. While some people prefer medium to a high level of firmness with latex mattress, many go for a foam mattress due to its flexibility and the ability to contour the body shape. No matter what you consider, you need to consider some important factors when buying mattresses for a good night’s sleep.
1. Which type of mattress to buy?
The very first thing to determine is what type of mattress you need to buy for getting better sleep. Some common types of mattresses are:
- Latex mattress: The latex foam mattress comes in different levels of firmness – from medium to high. Such mattresses are good for improving sleep and back pain. These mattresses are made from latex, which is all-natural material derived from the rubber tree. This mattress offers incredible postural control and spine alignment.
- Memory foam mattress: Another good mattress for back pain and body alignment is the memory foam mattress in India. It offers incredible back support due to its high-density polyurethane foam. It offers instant back pain relief while providing ergonomic support and flexibility to your whole body.
Besides these two most popular types of mattresses, innerspring, coir and hybrid mattresses are quite common. You just have to understand which type is perfect for your body and sleeping habit.
2. What kind of sleeper you are?
For back sleepers, foam mattress in India is recommended by the experts. For side sleepers, it is best to go for softer mattresses like coir and innerspring. In case, you sleep on stomach, going for a firmer memory foam mattress is again a good option. If you cannot decide which type of mattress is perfect for you, you may even go for hybrid mattresses that bear the ability of two to three mattresses in one.
3. Choosing the right mattress size
You need to choose the best latex mattress or foam mattress for yourself. There are so many options available like twin size, extra large twin size, king size, full size, queen size, crib, etc. Just know your body type and find the right mattress size for you and your family.
4. Determine your budget
When choosing between a latex and foam mattress, the only factor that plays a major role in the budget. If you can afford a high-end mattress, go for a latex one. However, if you require a good supportive mattress within a reasonable price range, the foam mattress is perfect.