What is Coir Mattress?
The coir foam mattress is uniquely crafted bedding using coir fibres or coconut fibre. The essential element which is employed to form the coir mattress is Coir.
Simultaneously, another secondary material is also used because sleeping on the Coir alone is not in the least possible.
Further, Polyurethane high-density foam is the matter that wants to cover the Coir over which a layer of cotton is additionally attached to offer the ultimate texture to the mattress.
The coir foam mattresses are mainly originated in India that give various benefits back.
History of Coir Mattress
The industry for manufacturing coir mattresses that produced coir mats, matting and other floor coverings was started in India on a factory basis. Over 100 years ago, the primary factory was founded in Alleppey in 1859 by the Late Mr James Darragh, an adventurous Irish-born American national.
The story of Coir and its connection with Kerala’s state dates back to the 19th Century.
Types of Coir Mattress
Mainly, the coir mattress comes in two different types. Both models are prominently available within the market. So, the classes are:
- Hybrid coir mattress
- Rubberized coir mattress
It is the type of coir bedding with Coir because of the essential material, further secured with layers of adjustable foam. It offers appropriate ventilation to enhance rest.
Rubberized Coir Mattress
It is a fundamentally planned and elusive bed since it’s a combination of latex and Coir. Indeed, it offers the advantages of orthopaedics to assist the body by giving the bounce.
Benefits of Coir Mattress
Coir foam Mattress is made of coir which is a natural fibre that is obtained by removing the coconut husk. This makes the coir foam mattress hard and also very beneficial for your health. Let’s look at some key benefits of this mattress type:
- Coir foam mattress provides a very good ventilation system. This helps our body to naturally calm down.
- Having hygroscopic quality, you can sleep much comfortably on a coir foam mattress as it easily absorbs the moisture in the air.
- Also being an eco-friendly fibre Coir foam mattress is made without any harmful or chemical substance use in manufacturing. This makes it good for both health and the environment.
- This mattress also has a natural springy quality and provides much more support to the body.
- Coir foam mattress is a boon for people who are very allergic to dust and dirt. Since coir has an anti-dust quality which prevents allergies.
- It is also flame resistant which gives them an extra advantage over conventional mattresses. Supposedly, if there is a fire in your house coir foam mattress will still be safe.
- Coir provides the required support and firmness to the human body and helps you get a sound and perfect sleep in the posture you feel comfortable in. This helps your spine to get the needed rest.
- They are also very good insulators and are completely moth proof.